David is an experienced business litigator who is equally comfortable in the courtroom or before an arbitrator. He enjoys assisting his clients in disputes involving breach of contract, debtor-creditor relations, lender liability, business torts, and shareholder rights. David’s clients value his loyalty, tactical skills, aggressiveness, and ability to problem-solve in complex circumstances. David previously served as Chief of Staff to the Kentucky Speaker of the House, as an Assistant Attorney General, and as a member of the Frost Brown Todd law firm.
- Obtained a jury verdict for fraud and conversion against members of management of a physician-owned hospital.
- Obtained voluntary dismissal of a $50 million complaint against a large credit card processor.
- Acquired voluntary dismissal of trade secrets claims against a manufacturer of air conditioning coils.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of an executive whose former employer breached a severance agreement.
- Obtained summary judgment enforcing indemnity obligations associated with a share purchase agreement.
- Acquired summary judgment against a bank which refused to honor a letter of credit.
- Favorably settled breach of fiduciary duty claims brought by a minority shareholder which was also the defendant’s secured lender.
- Favorably settled claims by creditors seeking to enforce muli-million dollar personal guaranties while the primary obligor was in bankruptcy.
- Successfully settled claims to enforce personal guaranties given by franchisees for a large restaurant chain.
- Closed a law enforcement investigation alleging misconduct by a utility in connection with a $250 million regulatory approval.
- Successfully represented a municipal government in a complex civil rights class action allegedly involving hundreds of class members.
Education & Clerkship
- Law Clerk, U.S. District Court for Western District of Kentucky (1997-1998)
- Harvard Law School, JD, magna cum laude (1997)
- Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government, Masters in Public Policy/Administration (1997)
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, BA Public Policy & Philosophy (1993)
Honors & Awards
- Harry S. Truman Scholarship (1992)
- Business First Top 40 Under Forty (1998)
- Kentucky Super Lawyer (2010-2016)
Board Positions & Community Service
- Jewish Heritage Fund for Excellence
Chair of Board of Trustees (2016-2018)
Chair of Grants Committee (2014-2016)
- KentuckyOne Health (2016-2017)
- Member, Board of Directors