Andrew focuses his practice on mergers and acquisitions, commercial real estate, corporate finance and lending, and general corporate law matters. He enjoys working with financial institutions, manufacturers, energy and coal mining companies, service-industry businesses and entrepreneurs in their business transactions, including formation of entities, obtaining debt and equity financing, selling and acquiring businesses, and day-to-day matters such as leases, commercial contracts and real estate acquisitions.
Andrew is the author of Kentucky Secured Transactions Under Revised Article 9 of the UCC (Data Trace Publishing Company 2001, updated annually). He was previously a member of the Greenebaum Doll & McDonald law firm. Andrew’s clients value his thoughtful approach and ability to anticipate and avoid problems before they arise.
- Represented 21c Lexington in financing a new boutique hotel using a mixture of tax credits and conventional bank financing.
- Served as counsel for start-up distilling company in private offering of Units to finance a craft distillery in NuLu
- Represented a private coal company in negotiating a joint venture with a public coal company to mine a significant block of coal reserves in Western Kentucky.
- Represented a group of investors in the acquisition of a large underground coal mine in Colorado, as well as the formation, capitalization and financing of the acquiring entity.
- Served as seller’s counsel in sale of Louisville-based waste collection and recycling company to Waste Management, Inc.
- Served as seller’s counsel in sale of regional lab diagnostic testing company to Laboratory Corporation of America.
- Represented a quasi-public corporation in the development, construction and financing of a 22,000-seat arena in Louisville, which involved negotiating the governing documents for $349 million in bond financing.
Education & Clerkship
- University of Virginia School of Law, JD (1997)
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, BA Music (1994)
Honors & Awards
- Leading Kentucky Real Estate Lawyer, Chambers USA (2008-2015)
- Kentucky Super Lawyer (2012-2016)