Heather brings a unique background and rare combination of skills to her legal practice. Heather graduated from both a top medical school and law school, with honors. In addition to clerking for the Hon. John G.Heyburn on the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Kentucky, Heather spent 1.5 years working in an e-discovery group for a large regional law firm and almost two years as a volunteer attorney for the American Civil Liberties Union of Kentucky.
Heather also gained deep substantive experience in the areas of health law, privacy, and bioethics. After graduating from medical school, she completed a year-long fellowship in bioethics at the Institute for Bioethics, Health Policy and Law. Combining that experience with her legal work, Heather also taught as an adjunct professor of health law at the University of Louisville Brandeis School of Law and in the Interdisciplinary Course program at Bellarmine University. She has researched and published on biobanking ethics and laws, among other topics. Heather brings this intricate knowledge of the healthcare industry to her current legal practice.
Education & Clerkship
- Law Clerk, U.S. District Court for the Western District of Kentucky (2010-2011)
- Northwestern Law School, JD, cum laude (2008)
- Baylor College of Medicine, MD, Elected to Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society (2004)
- Columbia College, Columbia University, BA, magna cum laude (1999)
Board Positions & Community Service
- Save our Schools Kentucky, Louisville, Kentucky
- Member and Officer, December 2016- September 2017
- Highland Presbyterian Church, Louisville, Kentucky
- Member of the Children’s Committee, January 2014- Present, Co-Chair, August 2017-Present