Brian H. Meldrum
Brian’s practice is focused on complex insolvency-related matters, including workouts, restructuring, bankruptcy, receiverships and bankruptcy litigation. Brian has represented borrowers, lenders, creditors’ committees, examiners, trustees, receivers, avoidance action defendants and asset purchasers. In addition, he represents corporate clients in commercial litigation in state and federal courts.
Prior to joining the firm, Brian was a partner at a large regional law firm for over ten years (2007-2018). Before moving to Louisville, Brian was an attorney at Jenner & Block LLP in Chicago (2000-2007).
Education & Clerkship
- University of Michigan Law School JD (1999)
- University of Michigan BA, with highest distinction (1997)
Honors & Awards
- Martingale-Hubbell AV-Preeminent Peer Review Rater
- Best Lawyers in America, Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law (2015-2018)
- Best Lawyers in America, Louisville Area Lawyer of the Year for Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/ Insolvency and Reorganization Law (2017)
- Kentucky Super Lawyers (2013-2018)
- Louisville Magazine top Lawyers, Bankruptcy Law (2016)